Monday, January 5, 2015

All About Me

Hello! Welcome to my blog. My name is Molly and I am a Theatre teacher. I am currently teaching Elementary Theatre, but I have taught at the High School level as well. I have a very young son nicknamed Little Man. He is a crazy bundle of energy and definitely keeps me on my toes. He loves to play pretend and read books. Most of my afternoons and nights are devoted to him but I have to work and find a balance because my day job is as an Elementary Theater teacher is very demanding as well. I love my job and the impact I make on the young students I teach. I often joke that I have 500 and one kids because of how much I love and mother all of my students.

I am starting this blog because I realized that there are very few resources for theatre teachers, and especially teachers who are trying to find a work/home balance when you have such a huge after-school commitment (can you say 120 hours at minimum  to rehearse a play). My hope is that this blog will be a place for theatre teachers to get ideas and tips that will make their life a little easier. I hope that you find this blog a useful spot to get teaching ideas, DIY ideas and some parenting ideas. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment